Recommended Job Search Strategy
1. Obtain a certificate or diploma from an accredited training program.
2. Check career centers in your county, as well as those associated with schools offering training in this area.
3. Check the classified section of your local newspaper.
4. Check with temporary agencies and recruiting firms.
5. Check the Internet for job openings. (Note: Website content and addresses are apt to change. The following were current at the time of publication.)
- EastBay Works - www.eastbayworks.org
- Caljobs - www.caljobs.ca.gov
- Yahoo! Classifieds - classifieds.yahoo.com
- Classified Gateway - www.sfgate.com/classifieds
- Headhunter.NET - www.headhunter.net/jobfnd.htm
- Monster Board - www.monsterboard.com
- Jobs Jobs Jobs - www.jobsjobsjobs.com
For additional information on this occupational field, contact the following:
- The staff at your local One-Stop Career Center
- Computing Technology Industry Association - www.comptia.org
- IEEE Computer Society - www.computer.org
- Association for Women in Computing - www.awc-hq.org (415) 905-4663