I. Job Outlook:
III. Education/Training Resources:
IV. Getting A Job:
Employers Who Are/Will Be Hiring
Many companies, small and large, hire Graphic Designers. Company types include public relations & advertising agencies, computer game developers, and educational software developers. In fact, most large companies have a Creative Services department that hires Graphic Designers.
Some of the companies hiring Graphic Designers at the time of publication include Redfish Technology, Personal MD.com, Comms People, 3dfx, iXL, Xerox, Web TV, Xoom.com, and autoweb.com.
Recommended Job Search Strategy
1. Develop a portfolio which shows the best of your work, as well as a resume describing all software you are familiar with.
2. Check the newspaper classified ads under "Graphic Design"
3. Check your local Yellow Pages under "Graphic Design," "Computer Graphics," and "Computers - Multimedia" for companies
4. Check the Internet for job openings. (Note: website content and addresses are apt to change. The following were current at the time of publication.)
5. Consider contacting one of the following recruiting firms which specialize in graphic design:
6. Check with educational institutions for available internships, which may lead to a full time position.
7. Attend trade shows, such as E3 (the Electronic Entertainment Expo)
8. An excellent collection of job openings in this field is located at Artists in Print in San Francisco. They can be reached at (415) 243-8244.
For additional information on this occupational field, contact
|Back To Top>>|
|Designed by RKS Marketing Resources|