Recommended Job Search Strategy
1. Contact the placement office where you receive your training to see what jobs they have available.
2. Contact local hospitals and medical centers, either through their website or by calling their personnel department.
3. Check the Classified section of your local newspaper under Healthcare.
4. Many public libraries and career centers now have computers that can be used to access the Internet. This will allow you to more easily search for positions around the Bay Area. (Note: Website content and addresses are apt to change. The following were current at the time of publication.)
- American Association for Medical Transcription - www. aamt.org/classad.htm
- EastBay Works - www.eastbayworks.org
- Caljobs - www.caljobs.ca.gov
- Classified Gateway - www.sfgate.com/whoshiring
- JobHunter - classifieds.sjmercury.com
- Monster Board - www.monsterboard.com
- Yahoo! Classifieds - classifieds.yahoo.com
- Bay Area Jobs - www.bayareacareers.com/resources.html
For additional information on this occupational field, contact the following:
- The staff at your local One-Stop Career Center
- American Association for Medical Transcription - www.aamt.org
- Transcriptionists' Networking Center - www.mtdaily.com
- Medical Transcription Links on the Web www.cchs.edu/union/cafe/linkages/mtlinks.html