Recommended Job Search Strategy
1. Develop a website of your own that is at least on par with the average web site in appearance, functionality, and navigability.
2. Consider obtaining a certification, such as the Web Manager certification offered by the Association of Web Professionals (www.a-w-p.org) and the International Webmasters Association (www.iwanet.org).
3. Have an ASCII version of your resume available to submit electronically.
4. Check the Internet for job openings. (Note: website content and addresses are apt to change. The following were current at the time of publication.)
- Yahoo! Classifieds - classifieds.yahoo.com/employment.html
- Classified Gateway - www.sfgate.com/classifieds
- Headhunter.NET - www.headhunter.net/scripts/jobfind.asp
- Monster Board - www.monsterboard.com
- Jobs Jobs Jobs - www.jobsjobsjobs.com
- EastBay Works - www.eastbayworks.org
- Caljobs - www.caljobs.ca.gov
5. Identify and contact potential employers in your local Yellow Pages under:
- Computers - On-Line Services & Internet
6. Check the Classified section of your local newspaper.
7. For additional information on this occupational field, contact
- The staff at your local One-Stop Career Center
- International Webmasters Association - www.iwanet.org
- Association of Online Professionals - www.aop.org
- Association of Internet Professionals - www.webguild.org