I. Job Outlook:
III. Education/Training Resources:
IV. Getting A Job:
Employers Who Are/Will Be Hiring
Employers who hire telecommunications sales and support personnel include major telecommunication service companies like Pacific Bell, AT&T, MCI, GTE Mobilnet, AirTouch, Sprint, and Ameritech.
Companies hiring individuals in Telecommunications Sales or Support positions at the time of publication include Ascend Communications, Lucent, AirTouch Communications, The Culver Group, Setka, and Oracle.
Recommended Job Search Strategy
1. Obtain a certificate or diploma from an accredited training program.
2. Obtain some type of sales experience, preferably for more than a year and working with technical products.
3. Check career centers in your county, as well as those associated with schools offering training in this area.
4. Apply to local phone carriers, long distance carriers and cellular phone companies.
5. Check the classified section of your local newspaper.
6. Check the Internet for job openings. (Note: website content and addresses are apt to change. The following were current at the time of publication.)
For additional information on this occupational field, contact
|Back To Top>>|
|Designed by RKS Marketing Resources|