Recommended Job Search Strategy
1. Obtain a certificate or diploma from an accredited training program.
2. Obtain some type of sales experience, preferably for more than a year and working with technical products.
3. Check career centers in your county, as well as those associated with schools offering training in this area.
4. Apply to local phone carriers, long distance carriers and cellular phone companies.
5. Check the classified section of your local newspaper.
6. Check the Internet for job openings. (Note: website content and addresses are apt to change. The following were current at the time of publication.)
- Yahoo! Classifieds - classifieds.yahoo.com/employment.html
- Classified Gateway - www.sfgate.com/classifieds
- Headhunter.NET - www.headhunter.net/scripts/jobfind.asp
- Monster Board - www.monsterboard.com
- Jobs Jobs Jobs - www.jobsjobsjobs.com
- EastBay Works - www.eastbayworks.org
- Caljobs - www.caljobs.ca.go
For additional information on this occupational field, contact
- The staff at your local One-Stop Career Center
- Telecommunications Association - www.utc.org
- Information Technology & Telecommunications Association (TCA) - www.tca.org or (415) 777-4647
- National Association of Black Telecommunications Professionals - www.nabtp.org or (800) 946-6228