I. Job Outlook:
III. Education/Training Resources:
IV. Getting A Job:
Employers Who Are/Will Be Hiring
Many Web Masters / Mistresses are independent contractors, or work for small firms specializing in creating and maintaining web sites for others.
Within large corporations, individual organizations will often provide opportunities by developing and maintaining a separate website. There are also sophisticated graphic design firms and WWW consulting firms which employ Web Masters / Mistresses.
Some of the larger employers in the Bay Area include universities, Kaiser Permanente, Lawrence Livermore Laboratory, IBM, Hewlett-Packard and Xerox. Some of the companies currently hiring Web Masters in the East Bay include ELAN Associates, International Computer Consultants, Redfish Technology, Cotelligent, Cirrus Logic, Totally Wireless.com and WindRiver Systems.
Recommended Job Search Strategy
1. Develop a website of your own that is at least on par with the average web site in appearance, functionality, and navigability.
2. Have an ASCII version of your resume available to submit electronically.
3. Check the Internet for job openings. (Note: website content and addresses are apt to change. The following were current at the time of publication.)
4. Identify and contact potential employers in your local Yellow Pages under:
5. Check the Classified section of your local newspaper.
6. For additional information on this occupational field, contact
|Back To Top>>|
|Designed by RKS Marketing Resources|